Position: Office Manager
Location: 2840 Mariposa St.
San Francisco, CA 94110
Starting Date: January 3, 2017
Theatre of Yugen seeks an Office Manager to support the activities of this 38-year-old San Francisco-based theatre company and its venue NOHspace. We are looking for a meticulous individual who has excellent follow through, organizational skills, self-motivation, and a friendly/positive attitude for a part-time (0.5 FTE) administrative position. Primary responsibilities include bookkeeping, communications, and maintaining a clean and enjoyable working environment. Must possess the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, be able to work independently, as well as in a team. Ours is a creative, friendly and casual work environment, with opportunities to gain exposure to a niche arts community.
Time: 80 hours/month.
Compensation: $1,600 / month; paid semi-monthly. W2.
- Flexible Hours
- Use of our theatre venue for rehearsals or other appropriate activities when space is available
- $10/hr staff discount on rehearsal space, and 10% discount on performance rentals
- Comp tickets to see performances at NOHspace when seating is available.
Preferred Qualifications -
- College graduate
- At least two years of experience in an administrative position in a non-profit arts environment
- Word processing and database management
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize work assignments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Payroll and accounts payable, experience with Quickbooks software
- Ability to work independently as well as in a flexible, team-oriented environment
- Ideal candidate would have previous knowledge of Theatre of Yugen
Responsibilities of the Position -
- Mail, phone and email communications
- Bookkeeping and Payroll
- Office organization and Filing
- Bank Deposits
- Data Entry to Quickbooks
- Box Office Reports
- Update seasonal events schedule and stats
- Support Rentals Manager with regard to maintenance, inventory/supplies, and NOHspace calendar
- Support Artistic Director with regard to financial reports and event planning
- Assist with other duties as needed and as time allows
Please submit cover letter and resume, along with two professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
and include Office Manager in the subject line of your e-mail.
Materials may also be sent to:
Theatre of Yugen
2840 Mariposa St.
San Francisco, CA 94110
Attn: Office Manager position
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Theatre of Yugen is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Theatre of Yugen www.theatreofyugen.org
Theatre of Yugen creates intercultural performance experiences rooted in the profound and sublime aesthetic of yugen.
Theatre of Yugen envisions a world in which people are connected heart to heart, without boundaries, by experiencing the beauty expressed by the Japanese sensibility of “yugen,” derived from the Japanese characters yu, meaning “deep, quiet, or other-worldly,” and gen meaning “subtle, profound, or obscured.” We see a world where physical theatre unifies disparate disciplines to evoke yugen.
We foster intercultural understanding through a shared experience of yugen that can be evoked by a plethora of performance modes.
We continue the evolution of live performance through presentation and collaboration.
We recognize the importance of yugen in the traditions of Noh and Kyogen and engage in rigorous physical training to maintain authentic representation.
We strive to keep theatre accessible for future generations by providing access to unique theatrical traditions and education about global performing arts.
Please contact Artistic Director Nick Ishimaru for information about Theatre of Yugen's internship opportunities.